Wednesday, February 13, 2013

.Full Face For Under $25.00.

.Welcome To My First Post!.
{How to achieve a full face for under $25.00}

Don't get me wrong...I am and will always be a fan of my high end products! But with drugstore products getting increasingly spectacular and comparable to my top brands, I thought it would be a fun experiment to see how I could get the look of a full face of makeup for as little as possible. I tested a few products out (returned some, exchanged some, and bought multiples of some), and here are my results: 


1. Maybelline FitMe Foundation (2012 Glammy Award Winner) in 115: $5.84 @ Walmart.
First and foremost, prep your canvas! Wash your face, moisturize, and apply primer. NYC Smooth Skin Perfecting Primer (2012 Best Cheap Thrills in Allure) has been a total love of mine. Apply foundation with a damp sponge or brush. If you need spot treatment, dab on the foundation light and soft with your ring finger wherever you want extra coverage. 



2. E.L.F. Studio Golden Bronzer: $3.00 @ Target. 
This is an absolute dream!! I stock up on this all the time. It's a bronzer compact with 4 shades in it. You can mix them together for a nice glow, or use them separate for a more contoured look. For $3.00, you get 2 bronzers, a highlighter, and blush. Who could resist?

3. Maybelline Expert Eyes Brow Liner in Dark Brown: $2.99 @ Target.
OH. MY. GOD. Brows are THE most important feature on your face! If you do only one thing, please do this. The brows frame your face and can make your eyes pop. All you have to do is follow the natural shape of your brow in light strokes to fill them in...or you can do what I like to do and completely reshape them he he. I promise you, it will make a night and day difference. 


4. NYX Slim Sparkle Eye Liner in Crystal Sparkle or NYX Slim Eye Pencil in Black: $3.49 @ Ulta.
I decided to play with both of these because not everyone will be into sparkley eye liner. The first liner option, in Crystal Sparkle, is a silvery color that isn't overwhelming. I put it right by the tear duct of your eye and just underneath it to really make your eyes look bright and awake. If you want, you can also do a thin  line by your lashes for an even brighter appearance. Not into sparkle? No prob! Use the second liner option, in Black, to line your eyes any way you want. Thin and natural so your lashes stand out, or dramatic for a night out. 

 
5. L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Mascara (Cult classic, Pro favorite!) in Black: $5.84 @ Walmart.
I am a mascara freak! I will coat my lashes till they say "enough already!" The first one or two times I used this it wasn't a hit for me. But I gave it one more shot, and that's when I saw the amazingness of Voluminous come to life! L'Oreal has some seriously phenomenal products. Another one I am crazy for (but it would put you over $25.00) is their Million Lashes Mascara in Carbon Black. Get your eyelash curler, do a few pumps at the base of your lashes, and wiggle the mascara wand from root to tip. I focus more mascara on the outer corners for that fanned out look. 


6. E.L.F. Studio Matte Lip Color in Natural: $3.00 @ Target or Drugstore.com.
E.L.F. is such a great, inexpensive line! I picked up their bright red matte lip color and I adored it...but I figured Natural was a safer color to recommend. Natural is a matte nude with lasting power. I usually make my cheeks more contoured and bronzed if I'm going this route. If you are daring enough, do the red instead, or their glosses are gorge as well! E.L.F. Glossy Gloss in Dragon Fruit is very pretty. 


So there you have it! A full face. Now, let's calculate the results...
=$24.26 (w/out tax)
-$2.00 L'Oreal Coupon
-$2.00 Maybelline Coupon
=$20.26 (w/out tax)
 Whoo Hoo! This was a fun project! Can you get the price lower without risking quality? Let me know and I'll put your results on my blog! 
Cheers! :) 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment